First-Time Homebuyer Assistance
Your income shouldn’t stop you from exploring the road to homeownership. There may be a grant available to help.
Down Payment Assistance for First-Time Homebuyers Struggling with Income
At Greater Nevada Mortgage, we want to offer the best information and resources to help you achieve your dream of owning your first home, and we believe a lower-than-average income shouldn’t be a barrier. Thanks to our select partnerships, there may be a grant program that can help.
Workforce Initiative Subsidy for Homeownership (WISH) Grants
By partnering with the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, Greater Nevada Mortgage is proud to offer first-time homebuyers access to federal down payment assistance programs like the Workforce Initiative Subsidy for Homeownership (WISH) program. This program is designed to support affordable and attainable homeownership for first-time buyers. WISH offers eligible borrowers matching grants of up to $22,000 in down payment assistance toward the purchase of their first home.
These funds can be a valuable aid in your journey to purchasing your first home.
Want to Know if You’re Eligible?
Eligibility for this program includes, but is not limited to:
- Successful completion of a homebuyer counseling program.
- Being a first-time homebuyer.
- The ability to prove household income, including earning 80% or below their area median income. Interested applicants can check their area’s median income on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s website.
- Approval through Income Qualifiers.
- Submitting an application for Nevada and/or California properties.
- No membership or financial relationship with Greater Nevada Credit Union is required.
More information on this grant program can be found on the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco’s website.
If you’d like to learn more about WISH grants or other down payment assistance programs, you can speak with a GNM consultant for more information by calling (775) 888-6999 or visiting our Contact page.
Please note: Enrollment in the WISH program does not guarantee receipt of funds.
Contact a Mortgage Consultant
* Consult your tax adviser
**For qualified borrowers. All loans are subject to credit approval by Greater Nevada Mortgage. Additional terms and conditions apply.